Sunday, January 13, 2013

Córdoba food

    Finally, I visited Córdoba. The city that was capital of the independent Arab Muslim emirate of al - andalus, later a Caliphate itself, was one of the most advanced cities in the world. A city that has loads of history and character, a very special and magical city. A city that was the first spanish view and experience of a very young Jakob. A old city where time has stopped.

I was told the food was quite an experience but it wasn't until I tested salmorejo when I understood why. Salmorejo is absolutely delicious. As a matter of fact, I think I could survive on salmorejo, a soup made from tomatoes, bread, oil, garlic and vinegar. The rest is a incredible list of tapas: croquetas (oxtail, ham, cod, cocido...), scrambled eggs, wild mushrooms, fried aubergine, red pepper salad and so on.

I really enjoyed a couple of days walking, sitting on the terraces, eating tapas, visiting old friends and having Jakob as a top guide. He proposed to go to Bodegas Campos and I loved it. A very nice and local taverna, also full of history and charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment