Monday, October 1, 2012

Pumpkin and spinach pie


I like Autumn flavours. The is my first Autumn in England and I have to say that it has been being full of flavors so far. 

There are plenty of great local vegetables that I love and even some wild mushrooms. I have also started to receive an organic seasonal vegetable box every week. After having had that kind of delivery in Barcelona I missed it. It's a great form to start cooking seasonal and being a bit more creative because you have to cook, sometimes, vegetables that you aren't used to cook.

The pie Jakob made the other day had also bit of Autumn itself.

JAKOB'S RECIPE

Pre-hot the oven to 200 degrees centigrades.

Pastry:
3dl of flour (I use normally a mix of wheat and whole and sometimes 1 dl of rye flour to give it that nice country-side feeling)
125 g of cold butter
3 tablespoon of cold water

Mix in a food processor the butter and the flour until you don't have any big butter pieces left. Add the water and mix it to a pastry quickly. Extend it in the mould and chill it for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile you can do the vegetables. I fried pumpkin and onions and added spinach and fresh herbs. Be creative here: vegetables, cheese, salmon...

After that, make small holes in the pastry with a fork and put it in the oven for 10 minutes or until it looks nice and golden.

Put the vegetables in the mould and add a mix of e/4 eggs and 3dl of milk. Then, 30-40 minutes in the oven  to 200 or when the mix is dry.


1 comment:

  1. Delicious! I have to try this soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe! :) KS

    ReplyDelete