Friday, October 5, 2012

Beetroot cake


In the past I didn't how to use beetroot. With a little help, I started to discover it and finally I'm starting to love it.  I've even baked a cake with beetroot.

Beetroot in a cake? I saw there were a lot of recipes and they seemed pretty attractive. Why not try it? And yes, it's very tasty. Not too sweet, moist and very rewarding for an Autumn day. It has been our little treat on a long evening walk.

Next time I'll make it with chocolate. I've heard it's a fabulous combination.

250 g self-raising flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
150 g soft brown sugar
2 eggs
200 g beetroots, grated
100g sultanas
150 ml vegetable oil

Sift the flour, the baking power and stir in the sugar. Add the sultanas and the grated beetroots. Beat the oil and the eggs together and add it. Combine well.

Spoon the mixture into a greased springform cake and bake in an 160 ºC for 1 hour and fifteen minutes apron.

2 comments:

  1. Que valiente! Gracias por abrir camino. Voy a intentarlo. Hoy he hecho mi primer bizcocho de manzana, ha salido muy rico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bizcocho de manzana no suena nada mal tampoco. La verdad es que esto de la remolacha me ha sorprendido bastante. Muy rica la combinación.

    ReplyDelete